Wednesday, January 30, 2008

If only....

If only I could win the lottery. If only I could get a new job. If only I could find a husband. If only I could get new carpet. If only I could save some money. If only I could lose some weight. If only my bills were paid. If only my family would understand.


Life is full of "if onlys". They greet us each day, and tuck us into bed at night. They flavor every decision we make. They fill us with regret and frustration. Worst of all, they completely mislead us and give us permission to NOT live up to our potential.


"If only" is a great excuse, especially if it's something totally out of your control. "If only the economy wasn't so bad." There's not much we can do about that one, and so it's easy to blame for all our problems.


"If only" keeps us out of life. "If only I had a better dress to wear, I could go to the party." Right, Cinderella? "If only" keeps us waiting on the sidelines of life.


Do you want to ever get anywhere in life? Then forget about "if only". Stop making excuses and start making progress. Is there something that's holding you back? Then get it out of your way.


Take your "if only" and throw it out in the trash, put it out of your mind, never to return.


By putting it out of your mind. You're freeing yourself from the hold of "if only" and allowing yourself to transcend your limitations.

No comments: